I have a big mouth...

here I am able to type the crap I would normally say with my big mouth.

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Presidential Debate 1/5/08

Well the debate last night was interesting. I think the format was interesting, the first 45 minutes of each group was to be an "open dialogue" then the rest of the time was direct question and answer from each candidate. I think someone should probably school the candidates and let them know that open dialogue does not mean yapping and fighting to get your voice heard first. There has to be back and forth commenting/conversation and there needs to be some spaces in between the comments, otherwise NO ONE CAN HEAR OR UNDERSTAND your valuable points that you were screaming to make?!?! hello??? Are you getting this?

Over all I think it was relatively informative (not too much in fighting). There were two sore thumbs that stuck out though. 1. Why does Ron Paul think he is a republican? he should stick to being an independant and he comes across as a bit like Ross Perot (too nutty) for people to trust. While his message may be good and exciting, he delivers like he is just released from the institution. 2. Bill Richardson is CLEARLY out of his element, he seems like on of those kids on the play ground that follows you around but you don't really want him there... He should probably go ahead and quash his aspirations right now. Save himself some time and feelings. How long is he going to stick with the "I've handled hostage negotiations" line... Being president is not the same as handling hostage negotiations.

Overall the debate hasnt changed my selection of Barack Obama for the next president (I only wish we could have the election sooner and kick Dubya out sooner!), if anything it opened my eyes to a potential ticket. I think I would like to see an Obama/Edwards ticket. That would be quite nice.

So that is the thought for today...

No comments: